Monday, February 20, 2012

Name Sign

Happy Monday everybody!

I hope you all had more productive weekends than I did.
I started my weekend with several projects in mind,
so that I would have plenty of things to share with you this week.
It ended up being one of those crafting weekends were nothing ends up going right.

My first project was a name sign that I am giving as a wedding gift.


For Christmas, hubby gave me
It's the vinyl starter pack for my Silhouette.  I had been eyeing it for months, so it was definitely a win in the gift department.  So I kind of felt bad when I spent most of the project cursing. 
In hind sight, I probably should have started with a simpler design.
Hind sight is 20/20...
The project started out as a $.79 frame that I found at a thrift store.

I gave it a good cleaning and a couple coats of black glossy acrylic paint.  So far so good.

Then came the fun stuff.
A. the vinyl jammed in my Silhouette when I tried to load it.
B. they make removing the unused vinyl look easy in all the instructions and blogs.

See that lovely empty space?  It was going to say "est. 2012".
Yeah, that section is now in the trash.
...maybe I need a new blade in my Silhouette, or more patience.  I’ll start with the blade.

They say practice makes perfect, and I have several more projects that involve the vinyl,
so I'll definitely be getting the practice.

As for the other projects I wanted to finish over the weekend?
I'll be working on them during the week...that is if the crafty gods allow me to.

Hope all your weekend crafts went smoother than mine.  Can't wait to see them in all the link parties!


1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh, the joy of crafting - especially with vinyl! It can be the coolest thing....when it works. The WORST when it doesn't. Better luck with your next projects. Found you over at Keeping it Simple party.

    ReplyDelete