Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Cover Those Walls!

So an update on our living room wall.  Things are hanging on it!  But I wouldn’t call it done.
First, a quick shout out to Snug as a Bug Baby, who shared a great way of hanging arrangements on a wall.
 I was originally going to cut out individual pieces of paper for each item and tape them to the wall, but this way was much easier.
 You can’t really see my pencil marks, but they are there…I promise.

Now for a quick tour…
Here we have our fun, yet slightly creepy, windy wood guy.  We got him as a wedding gift from my mom’s cousin.  He makes these little guys from pieces of wood he finds on his vacations.



That empty space to his right is where I am going to put the tile picture.  I’m still working on finding a Hubby approved way to hang it.  To be honest, I haven’t really looked around much.  Maybe I’ll add that to my weekend to-do list.

Next, you will find the lovely cross that I made a little while back.

Hanging over a family picture, you will find a candy box lid…another work in progress.  I’m planning on wrapping that bad boy in some paper or fabric.

 



Now we have the decorative letter that I made along with the cross.

Finally, there is the shelf that belonged to my grandma.  On it is the Willow Tree figurine that my sister recently gave us.  Also, you might recognize the flower pot from a previous mantel arrangement

I like how it’s coming together.  And I’m really glad that it’s no longer sitting in the middle of my living room floor.



In a couple months, I’ll be adding little baby pictures to the arrangement, and an updated family picture!

1 comment:

  1. Looks great Kate!! How ya feeling?? Hope all is well!

    XO

    ReplyDelete